Matala® UV-C 18W | UV-C 18W + Philips bulb
Matala UV-C Clarifiers are designed for Koi ponds and water gardens to help suppress blooms of suspended green algae, harmful bacteria, parasites, fungi, protozoan and viruses.
Even in a balanced pond ecosystem, sudden blooms of such organisms can occur due to abnormal changes of weather, fish feeding behavior, mineral nutrient levels, etc. These blooms may result in green water, lethal oxygen levels or weakened health conditions for fish and aquatic plants.
The Matala UV Clarifiers can be used as a stand alone UV added to an existing filter system. The 9 watt and 18 watt sizes also drop into the BioSteps filter easily. The 36 watt UVC does not fit the Biosteps filter.
- Suppress blooms of suspended green algae, harmful bacteria, parasites, fungi, protozoan and viruses
- High quality quartz sleeves allow transmission of over 95% of the UV light.
- Easy installation with stepped hose tails supporting 1″ and 1¼ ” tubing.
- Provided with inner thread of 1-1/4″ and an outer thread of 1-1/4″.
- Uses PLS type UV bulbs
- Translucent hose tails provide blue light monitoring
- Entire device is UV resistant
- Includes 15′ power cord with in line transformer